This calendar shows all our regular training sessions as well as extra training, external events and the beginners course.
Start Times & Locations
Training plan entries usually start at 19:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 08:30 on Saturdays unless stated otherwise. Starting locations (when not at the club), indicative distances and running surfaces are given whenever possible; they may change due to the vagaries of weather etc.
There is a regular walking group that meets on club nights on weekdays and often on Saturdays (usually pre-arranged on the CRC Facebook page). This group comprises dedicated walkers, those wanting a break from running or runners rehabilitating from injury.
Importing the Calendar
If you have trouble keeping track of CRC events why not subscribe to our event calendar? Using our special feed you can pipe key events straight into your electronic calendar, all you need is the following URL:
More detailed instructions are available below. If you can’t see your particular configuration please contact us and let us know and we’ll do our best to let you know how!
Windows & Outlook
- Open Outlook
- In the main menu, select ‘Tools’ and ‘Account Settings …’
- Click on the ‘Internet Calendars’ tab
- Click on the ‘New…’ button
- Type the ICS URL (https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/caistor.running.club%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics) into the dialog box and click ‘Add’
- A ‘Subscription Options’ dialog box opens. Choose a folder name e.g. CRC Events Calendar, and tick the ‘Download attachments for items in this Internet Calendar’ checkbox. (This will allow us to attach flyers and other info to calendar events.) Click ‘OK’.
- Close the ‘Account Settings’ dialog and review the calendar
- Make sure the new calendar is selected
Apple Mac & iCal
- Open iCal
- In the main menu, click on ‘Calendar’ and select ‘Subscribe …”
- Type in the ICS URL (https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/caistor.running.club%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics) into the dialog box
- Click ‘Subscribe’
- In the subscription setup dialogue choose your settings, like making it a CRC colour! In particular, set it up to refresh every hour.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app (Picture of cogs)
- Scroll down to ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ and select it
- In the ‘Accounts’ group, select ‘Add Account …’
- Choose ‘Other’
- In the ‘Calendars’ group, select ‘Add Subscribed Calendar’
- Type the ICS URL (https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/caistor.running.club%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics) into the box and click the ‘Next’ button
- You’ll see a summary screen. Click ‘Save’ to finish your subscription
- Log in to Google calendar (https://www.google.com/support/calendar/)
- In the left-hand panel, under Other Calendars, click on Add, and select ‘Add by URL’
- In the pop-up box enter: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/caistor.running.club%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics, and click ‘Add calendar’
- This will include all the CRC dates in your calendar.